Friday 6 July 2012

Hazard anticipates Chelsea success


New Chelsea signing Eden Hazard says he has his work cut out to gain a place in the starting line-up at Stamford Bridge.

 The Belgium international completed a 32 million-pound move from Lille in June after prolonged speculation over who he would decide to sign for, with both Manchester United and Manchester City also targeting the young playmaker.

 But it was Roberto Di Matteo's team who captured the 21-year-old's signature, and Hazard knows he will have to work hard to earn a starting berth in west London.

 "I am completely aware that I am going to have to fight for my place, I can't take anything for granted," he told the club's official club magazine.

 "However, ultimately, I think this is a club where I can have a lot of success and win trophies.

 It looked likely for a long time the attacking midfielder was edging toward a move to one of the Manchester clubs, but Chelsea's victory over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final proved decisive for Hazard.

 "I was fortunate enough to get a taste of the Champions League last year, although things didn't turn out as well as they might have done because I thought Lille could have gone further in the competition," he said, referring to his team's group-stage exit.

 "But now, I find myself here, playing for a club that has not only appeared in the Champions League every year in recent times, but is also the current holder of the trophy."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India