Saturday 28 July 2012

Torres relishing extra responsibility


Fernando Torres has vowed to step into the void left by striker Didier Drogba as he steps up his preparations for the new Premier League season.

 Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo has bolstered his midfield options with the arrivals of Edin Hazard and Oscar but may not replace Drogba, who has joined former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka at Shanghai Shenhua.

 Torres endured a torrid first year at Stamford Bridge but has enjoyed a superb couple of months, lifting the Champions League trophy with Chelsea before winning the European Championship with Spain, taking the Golden Boot award in the process, and the Spaniard is confident he will thrive as top striker.

 "I am looking forward to it," he said. "I like the responsibility and it's a thing I've been doing all my life.

 I think Didier did everything for this club, scoring the winning goal in the Champions League was an inspiration for us.

 "Our relationship was great and I was talking to him when he decided to leave he wished me all the best and hopefully one day Chelsea fans will remember me as they are going to remember him."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India