Friday 17 August 2012

Van Persie: The little boy inside me screamed 'Manchester United!'


The 29 year-old Dutch striker completed his move to Old Trafford and spoke glowingly about the club's history and the opportunity to play for the side.

 At his press conference unveiling, it was revealed that Van Persie would be taking the No.20 shirt for the coming campaign, after Fabio vacated it after he moved to QPR on a season-long loan deal this summer.

 The Dutch international and current PFA Player of the Year was keen to explain his reasoning behind the controversial switch, insisting that there was no ill will between Arsenal and himself, but that he simply couldn't turn the chance down.

 "From my side and Arsenal's side, there is no hard feeling. No one is angry with me and I'm not angry with them," Van Persie told reporters.

 "Arsenal are part of my life. They've been great to me. We didn't agree on the future - that's life. "When I have to make tough decisions in my life I listen to the little boy inside me. That little boy was screaming 'Manchester United'" "Manchester United breathes football.

 This club is the perfect match for me." After seeing the club pipped to the title last term by local rivals Manchester City, Van Persie indicated that he was keen to rise to the challenge of playing for the club alongside players that he's admired from afar for years.

 "For me it's a big challenge to do it together with the players here. Every single one is very helpful. It's like a family club. "This is the biggest challenge for me In my football life.

 ""Wayne Rooney is a world class player. Scholes & Giggs are world class and have proved it for 20 years. They had a big impact. "This is a big challenge for me, which I'm looking forward to.

 I am proud to be here & look forward to achieving big things."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India