Wednesday 30 May 2012

Bradley ready for Pacquiao test

Pacquiao

Bradley

Unbeaten WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley says he has no fear of Filipino phenomenon Manny Pacquiao ahead of their June 9 fight.

Bradley and Pacquiao will square off at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas next Saturday for Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt and although the bout will be just the American fighter's fourth at 147lbs, he said he is not intimated by Pacquiao.

"I'm excited," Breadley said. "I'm not as nervous as I thought I was going to be, but I'm excited for the opportunity and I'm sick of training I just want to get it on."

Pacquiao, a world champion in eight different weight classes, struggled to a lacklustre majority decision over Juan Manuel Marquez in his last bout but Bradley is not sure if that outing was evidence of some slippage from the 33-year-old.

"I'm not sure if he is vulnerable or not. When people get ready to face me they are in the best shape of their lives, because they have to be because I bring it. I'm expecting a tough battle on June 9," Bradley said.

"I'm going to win, just like every other fight. I'm 28 (wins) and I want 29 and at the end of the night my hands will be raised as a new crowned champion and maybe I'll be number one or two pound for pound fighter in the game.

"The fact that I'm willing to take the chance to go out on my shield and to get this win makes it more interesting and makes me a totally different fighter than anybody he has ever faced."

Bradley's trainer Joel Diaz insists his charge is in peak condition for the bout and said he had worked on several things to help the 28-year-old avoid head clashes with the southpaw Pacquiao.

"We're prepared for everything," Diaz said. "We are prepared for head butts. We are prepared for everything that can possibly happen in the fight.

"For this fight we are working on not having head butts. Now Tim is not lunging in, I'm having him throw his punches before he steps in, so I'm trying to keep that gap in between so they don't run into each other.

"Hopefully on the night, he'll come in the ring and everything we've been working on will help him."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India