Tuesday 29 May 2012

Nigerian international Yakubu Aiyegbeni does not envisage playing in the Championship


Yakubu Aiyegbeni of relegated Blackburn Rovers has hinted that he does not see himself playing in the Championship – the second tier of English football league.

Though the Nigerian international scored 17 league goals for Rovers and still has two years to run on his contract but, there are rumours of interest from some Premiership clubs.

"I still have two years left with Blackburn, but I played in the Championship before." Aiyegbeni said to the BBC.

"It was good but I don't want to play in there again,” – obviously referring to his time with Leicester in the second half of the 2009/10 season on loan from Everton.

It remains to be seen whether Rovers will let him go as they resurrected the Nigerian’s career.

"The people and players at Blackburn are great. Without the players, I would not have had the season I had," he added.

"They gave me the opportunity to come back strong and to show what I could do in the Premier League, week in week out."

"In football, you never know what is going to be, but Blackburn really has been a part of me," he added.

"I felt at home there but we'll see what is going to happen. I think it's too early to say whether I'll be moving on. I may be in the Championship. I may be in the Premier,” Aiyegbeni concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India