Tuesday 17 July 2012

Maxi Rodriguez 'honoured' to return to Newell's


Maxi Rodriguez could not hide his delight at securing a move back to first club Newell's Old Boys, as the former Liverpool midfielder was presented to fans in the Estadio Marcelo Bielsa.

 More than 3000 supporters turned up to welcome the Argentina international back to Rosario after an absence of 10 years, following spells in Europe with Espanyol, Atletico Madrid and the Premier League outfit.

 Maxi moved to the Lepra on a free transfer, agreeing his return after ending his time at Anfield with a year still remaining on his contract.

 The 31-year-old delighted supporters by taking the field in his new shirt, and kicking balls into the stands. He also took the time to express his own joy at sealing the switch to his boyhood idols.

 "This is the happiest day of my life, coming home where I have been given so much love," he told those present in the company of Newell's president Guillermo Lorente.

 "For me it is an honour to wear this shirt.

 I hope I can repay on the pitch all this affection that you guys have given me from the terraces. "There were some nervous times, a lot of tension, but luckily [the negotiations] finished positively.

 It's been 10 long years but I am here now, I am back." Rodriguez made 57 appearances for Newell's in his first spell, scoring 20 times

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India