Sunday 10 June 2012

Diego frustrated by Atletico Madrid impasse: 'I was playing for a permanent move'

a

Diego has spoken of his frustration at seeing Atletico Madrid fail to make an offer to Wolfsburg to keep him at the club beyond the expiration of his loan deal

. The 27-year-old arrived in the Spanish capital after falling out with Felix Magath at the tail end of the 2010-11 campaign, and subsequently excelled under Diego Simeone's leadership as he went on to lift the Europa League trophy.

 The midfielder is keen to stay with Atleti on a permanent basis, but he admits he is beginning to harbour doubts about the possibility of plying his trade "First, I want to thank the fans for the affection [shown to me].

 It was special to me and was instrumental in our success into reality. I will never forget in my life, the moments that I lived with them. Always be in my heart," Diego told Marca. "There is still no offer from Atletico and that means something.

 I now do not think I am among the priorities of the club and I do not know why, but I understand them anyway.

 "I already made a financial investment at the beginning of last season and even waited until the last minute for Atletico, who finally arrived.

 "I played as well as I could to make the club invest in me [permanently], but things are not given. The rest is up to me. I starred on the field for the club to act now."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India