Saturday 30 June 2012

Blake stuns Bolt to win Jamaican Olympic trials with fastest time of 2012


Yohan Blake ran the fastest 100 metres in the world this year as he and Usain Bolt booked their places at London 2012 in the Jamaican National Championships and Olympic trials. 

All eyes were on Olympic champion and world record-holder Bolt in the final in Kingston, but it was world champion Blake who stole his thunder, running 9.75 seconds to best his rival's time of 9.76 set in Rome last month. 

 Bolt was second in in 9.86, while former world record-holder Asafa Powell was just behind him in 9.88 to book the third spot on the team, although he reportedly limped away from the track. 

'No pressure at all, everything is good. I'm just fortunate,' Blake, who also beat his previous personal best of 9.82, said. 'I'm the national champion of Jamaica now, I go into the Olympics like this. 

 This was the first time Blake and Bolt had faced each other since Blake took the world title Daegu last year when the Olympic champion false started. 

Bolt, who started poorly, said: 'I had to ignore it (his start). 

I had trouble getting out, but I kept feeling like I could not give up.' All eight men in the final met the Olympic A standard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India