Monday 11 June 2012

Fellaini: I would leave Everton for an ambitious club



Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has revealed he could leave the Toffees this summer for an "ambitious club".

The Belgiuum international signed a long-term contract with the Merseyside outfit last season, but has received interest from the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid in recent weeks.

The 24-year reiterated his desire to play Champions League football, and understands that he may have to leave Everton to fulfil that dream.

He told Belgian radio station RTBF: "If I have got to go, I will go, if not, I repeat, I am at Everton.

"I am ambitious; I want to play in the Champions League or in the Europa League. Last season we finished seventh with Everton, and we were not able to qualify for Europe, which was a shame.

"If an ambitious club comes in for me? Why not, just to gain experience but I'm on vacation right now, I do not give [speculation] too much attention.

"Every year they say I'll be transferred to the left or right. But I'm still at Everton.

"If it comes, I take, if it does not come, I stay at Everton, where I am happy, and where I still have a four-year contract.

"Everything goes fast in football. You can be transferred tomorrow, as you can be in one or two years.

“For now, I'm on vacation, I try to arrive fresh at the start of next season. If there are any concrete offers yet? If this is the case, I am not aware."

Chelsea are currently hotly tipped to swoop for the midfielder and Fellaini admitted it would be hard to turn down a move because of the strong Belgian contingent at the club.

"They talked about me in Chelsea?” he continued. “If I had to go there, I would have several friends - Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois ... There are many Belgians! It's good for the national team."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India