Wednesday 13 June 2012

Kagawa eyes central midfield role at Manchester United


Shinji Kagawa has admitted that he is keen to play just behind the striker for Manchester United, but realises he faces a challenge to cement himself into that role.

 The 23-year-old is on the brink of completing his move to Old Trafford and is excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League, but is under no illusions to how much competition there will be with other squad members. The Japan international has big plans for his career with the Red Devils as he looks to play a more central role.

 "I want to play [in the hole], I feel that's where I play my best football. I plan to work hard so I can win my place in the position," he told the club’s official website.

 "United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I have been given a chance to play for them. I took a lot of things into consideration, like the fact that they've got a deep squad, their style of football and it wasn't an easy decision. But I wanted the challenge.

" United were not the only club interested in the Borussia Dortmund midfielder, with clubs such as Arsenal and Real Madrid reportedly tracking his progression, but Kagawa admitted that he felt Old Trafford was the best home for him. "There were talks with other clubs, but United were the first to make me a formal offer and the more I talked to them, the more I felt Manchester was the place for me," he added. "It's [the Premier League] the best league in the world. You've got the world's biggest clubs like [Man] City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea all in the same league, which is fascinating.

 "In the Bundesliga, the only games that compare are the ones against Bayern Munich.

 I feel like I'd be able to gain so much by playing big games on a regular basis, including the Champions League. I can't help but be excited."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India