Wednesday 13 June 2012

Neymar transfer would please Alves


Dani Alves has admitted that he would love to see Neymar join Barcelona, describing the Santos starlet as a phenomenon.

 Neymar is under contract with the Brazilian club until 2014, but the 20-year-old continues to be heavily linked with a move to Camp Nou before then.

 And Alves said he would love to see his compatriot join him in Catalunya sooner rather than later.

 "I think he is a phenomenon and he would be a great signing for any team in the world," the right-back said. "If he signed for Barca, I'd be very happy.

" Dani Alves also confessed that he is excited by mounting speculation that the Blaugrana are on the verge of signing Spain and Valencia left-back Jordi Alba.

 "We have faced him and yes, he is very good," the 29-year-old Alves said. "All players who offer something different are welcome and I think that Jordi is a player who brings with him speed, audacity and the Barca style.

 He could fit into our game because our full-backs are so attacking." On a personal level, Alves is hoping to recover from the dislocated shoulder he suffered just before the end of the season in time to represent Brazil at the London Olympics.

 "To participate is my dream and I am working to achieve it," he said. "I am among those to have been shortlisted (for a place in the squad) and I will fight for my dream.

 "First, because that would mean having a great recovery (from the injury) and secondly, as I want to defend the jersey of my country.

" Dani Alves, who joined Barca from Sevilla in 2008, sustained the injury in the lead-up to the Copa del Rey final win over Athletic Bilbao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India