Sunday 5 August 2012

Dzeko: I am too good for the Manchester City bench


The 26-year-old former Wolfsburg striker joined the Premier League champions for £27 million in January of last year.

 However the Bosnian started just 16 Premier League games last season, despite scoring an impressive 14 goals, including the injury time equaliser against Queens Park Rangers on the final day of last season which set up City's fairytale title triumph.

 He told reporters: “In the second half of last season, I suddenly got to start far fewer games — and I’ve got no idea why. “I lost my rhythm. I joined City in order to play in matches.

 “I never imagined that things would turn out the way they have. “I am too good for the bench. If I continue to sit matches out, then anything is possible.”

 Dzeko began the season as one of Mancini's preferred strikers but soon fell behind Sergio Aguero, Mario Balotelli and later Carlos Tevez in the pecking order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India