Monday 13 August 2012

Fabregas admits to Barca struggles


Cesc Fabregas concedes that he struggled to adapt at Barcelona last season under Pep Guardiola's system.

 The Spain international left Arsenal for Camp Nou last year but had a tough time living up to high expectations. Fabregas believes the lack of freedom in the 41-year-old Guardiola's formation hindered him.

 "Under Guardiola I never really got to grips with the system," the 25-year-old told Marca. "I had been playing another style of football and to take on board so much so quickly was difficult, because everyone else had already got it down.

 "Playing in central midfield was hard for me because I need more mobility and I am not quick off the mark in the first few metres.

 "I am not asking for anything, but that is my way of playing. It is true that I am a bit anarchic, but that is my style.

 Some people commented that I lacked something last season, including Guardiola. "It was my fault really because I tried to be what I am not; I am not Xavi, (Andres) Iniesta, or Thiago (Alcantara).

 I am me and I need mobility, to participate more." Fabregas netted nine goals in 28 Liga appearances last season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India